Are you aware of all of the wonderful benefits of amla juice for hair? Not only can it help to nourish your strands, but it can also help to strengthen and grow your hair while promoting healthier hair. Continue reading this blog post to learn all about how amla juice can help to restore your hair!
This post is all about amla juice for hair.
What Is Amla Juice?
A staple in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, Amla is a fruit originating in India that is known to provide nutritional health benefits and medicinal properties.
Amla is also often referred to as Gooseberry fruit and goes by the scientific name Phyllanthus emblica.
Some of its key characteristics and and health benefits include:
- Nourishing: Amla is a common ingredient in hair care products and traditional hair treatments. It is believed to nourish the hair, promote hair growth, and improve hair health.
- Antioxidant Properties: Amla is known for its potent antioxidant properties, which can help protect the body against oxidative stress.
- Immune System Support: The high vitamin C content in amla is beneficial for boosting the immune system and promoting overall health.
- Nutrient-Rich: Amla is a rich source of vitamin C, antioxidants, and various other nutrients. It also contains minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins like B-complex vitamins.
- Anti-bacterial Properties and Anti-inflammatory Properties- The phytonutrients and antioxidants in amla help fight against free radicals that can attack and damage brain cells.
7 Benefits Of Amla Juice For Hair:
With all of the wonderful health benefits of the amla fruit on our overall health, the specific benefits it has on natural hair are quite impressive.
Here are the key benefits of amla juice for hair:
- Conditions the Scalp: Amla has natural conditioning properties that can help nourish the scalp and hair. Regular use may result in softer, smoother hair. It helps to fight against frizzy hair.
- Strengthens Hair: The antioxidants in amla, including vitamin C, help strengthen hair follicles reducing hair breakage and split ends. This can contribute to overall hair strength and durability.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Amla is rich in vitamin C, which is crucial for collagen production, a protein that aids in the growth of hair. Adequate vitamin C levels may promote healthier and faster hair growth.
- Helps Control Dandruff: Amla has antimicrobial properties that may help in controlling dandruff and preventing scalp infections. Scalp health is essential for maintaining overall hair health.
- Adds Shine to Hair: Regular use of amla juice is believed to add shine and luster to the hair, making it look healthier and more vibrant.
- Balances Scalp pH: Amla has a slightly acidic nature, which helps in maintaining the natural pH of the scalp. A balanced pH is essential for a healthy scalp environment.
- Reduces Hair Fall: Amla is thought to strengthen hair follicles and reduce hair fall. It may help in preventing hair loss by improving hair texture and strength.
Does Amla Darken Hair?
Yes, amla has been known to darken hair over time. It contains natural pigments and antioxidants that can really enhance the color of your natural hair.
Amla juice can help to prevent premature greying of hair. It’s antioxidant properties are known to protect the hair follicles and maintain the natural color of the hair.
Some people also note that using amla on the hair regularly can enhance its pigmentation and make the hair appear darker and shinier.
At the same, it can also be used for its natural dyeing abilities as well. This is usually gradual and subtle, as the hair appears darker after each use of the amla juice.
How To Make Amla Juice For Hair Growth?
Making amla juice for hair growth in your hair care routine is pretty easy. Amla, or Indian gooseberry, is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which are believed to contribute to hair health.
Here’s a simple recipe for making amla juice at home:
- Fresh amla (Indian gooseberries) – 4 to 5 medium-sized to make fresh amla juice
- Lukewarm Water – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Wash the Amla: Rinse the fresh amla thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or impurities.
- Remove Seeds: Cut the amla into small pieces and remove the seeds. You can also use amla powder if fresh amla is not available.
- Blend: Place the amla pieces in a blender along with a cup of water. Blend until you get a smooth mixture. You can add more water if needed.
- Strain the Juice: Strain the blended mixture using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to separate the juice from the pulp. Squeeze out as much juice as possible into a spray bottle.
Pro Tip: If you are unable to find amla berries in a store near you, you can always opt for a store made version of the juice as well. Just make sure it is 100% amla juice, free of sugar and preservatives. You can this pre made version, by clicking here!
How To Use Amla Juice For Hair?
In order to use amla juice in your hair, for best results, you will first want to start off in sections. Section your hair into 4-6 parts in order to stay organized and keep things neat.
The next thing you want to do is to pour your amla juice into a spray bottle and spray it evenly all over your hair and scalp.
Massage into your scalp with the pads of your finger tips in a circular motion to encourage blood circulation and flow by working the product in.
Next you will want to put a plastic cap on and let the amla juice sit on your hair and scalp for at least 30 minutes.
For a deeper treatment, consider leaving it in over night for all the benefits of its essential nutrients. Be sure to always do a skin patch test prior to using any products, in case you have an allergic reaction.
Rinse out the amla juice thoroughly and and follow up with a mild shampoo to ensure it is properly removed from your hair and scalp.
How Do You Use Amla Oil For Hair?
If you are unable to find amla juice for your hair, you can always opt for using amla oil instead.
You can use the amla oil as a hot oil treatment by applying it all over your hair and scalp. Feel free to add other oils to the mix such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, etc.
After that, you will want to cover your hair with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dry to help warm the oil for full penetration into your hair and scalp.
Next, you will shampoo your hair with a mild sulfate free moisturizing shampoo and follow up with your favorite conditioner.
Final Thoughts on Amla Juice For Hair:
Using amla oil for hair is a popular practice due to the potential benefits it offers, such as promoting hair growth, preventing premature graying, and conditioning the hair. With consistent use, you will notice your hair transform into the healthiest it’s ever been.
This post was all about amla juice for hair.
More In Hair Growth: