Ever wonder how castor oil can help you grow long, luscious and thick healthy hair? It is such an easy addition into your regimen, you will be amazed at how simple it is to incorporate. Find out in this blog post how to use castor oil for hair growth and thickness!
Castor oil has been widely used for thousands of years as a miracle oil to help heal multiple aliments.
Castor oil is a vegetable oil that is extracted from the seeds of the castor plant, scientifically known as Ricinus communis.
The castor plant is native to the southeastern Mediterranean Basin, Eastern Africa, and India, but it is now found in many tropical and subtropical regions around the world.
This post is all about how to use castor oil for hair growth.
How To Use Castor Oil For Hair Growth
Castor oil has always had a lot of buzz around the fact that it can help grow hair and fill in any bald spots overtime. Many people also believe that castor oil can help to improve the overall health, look, feel and thickness of the hair as well.
In order to use castor oil for hair growth, follow these simple steps below:
- Choose a high quality castor oil- you will want to use castor oil that is organic and cold pressed, meaning there was no heat used to extract the castor oil, potentially altering the beneficial components of the oil during the process.
- Choose a light carrier oil to mix with- castor oil is known to be very thick and viscous, so you may have to dilute it down a little bit. This will help to prevent it from weighing your strands down and make for a much easier application. Try using oils such as jojoba oil, coconut oil or almond oil.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp- you can use either a dropper or just your fingertips to gently massage and work the oil into your scalp. A little bit will surely go a long way. Remember that adding too much will weigh your hair down faster over time, especially if you will be applying daily.
For A Deeper Application:
- Follow steps one to three above, using a little more oil than you would for a daily application.
- Cover your hair with a plastic processing cap or warm towel to allow for heat to open the pores on the scalp for a deeper treatment for 20 minutes or more.
- Sleep with the oil in overnight if you like (optional step).
- Thoroughly shampoo and condition your hair. Repeat this process at least 2x per month.
Castor Oil For Hair Benefits
- Promotes Hair Growth: Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid, which stimulates hair follicles and promote hair growth. It may encourage the growth of longer and thicker hair when applied to the scalp.
- Moisturizes and Conditions: Castor oil has emollient properties, meaning it can help lock in moisture and condition the hair. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals with dry or damaged hair, making it appear shinier and healthier.
- Prevents Split Ends: Regular application of castor oil to the ends of the hair may help prevent split ends by moisturizing and strengthening the hair shaft.
- Reduces Dandruff and Scalp Irritation: The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil may help reduce dandruff and soothe an irritated scalp. Massaging castor oil into the scalp can improve circulation and promote a healthier scalp environment.
- Adds Shine: Castor oil can add a natural shine to the hair, making it appear more lustrous and vibrant.
- Strengthens Hair: The nutrients in castor oil, including omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin E, and proteins, may contribute to stronger and more resilient hair.
- Prevents Hair Breakage: By moisturizing and strengthening the hair shaft, castor oil may help reduce hair breakage and make the hair more resistant to damage.
How Long Does It Take Castor Oil To Grow Hair?
More In Hair Growth: